Saint John the Evangelist (Lockport, IL)

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Using "Reason" in Debate

We all know that reason is one of the three pillars of Anglican thought. However, listening to debates and presentations and conventions and synods, one wonders when reason was displaced by passion. +Wright has voiced this concern in an article printed in The Guardian.

I know! I know! Not more N.T. Wright! The only thing I can say in my defense is that I think he has earned the right to be heard the hard way. He has been a pastor, a scholar, and a teacher, all at the same time. And, unlike a lot of other scholars and teachers, he is making much of his writing and thinking available on the internet. I wish others would do so as well.

(ht: James Crossley)

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home