Saint John the Evangelist (Lockport, IL)

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Just Askin'

Denzil on Sunday in his post service comments noted that Pat Robertson had "given thanks he was spared" from the disaster in New Orleans and the general reaction seemed to be that comment was way out of line.

Now for be it from me to be an apologist for Mr Robertson, heavens knows the man can put his foot in his mouth to match the best worst of them, but it seems to me that giving Thanks to the Lord when one is spared from calamity is not beyond the pale, in fact if I was more familiar with David's poetry, I could (and should) be able to spout off a dozen instances where the Pslamist gives thanks for just that. Now there may have been more in context which made Mr Robertson's remarks offensive ... but given what Denzil quoted, I don't get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home